After much prayerful consideration and research, we are pleased to be launching our newest discipleship initiative!This new dual pathway is replacing life groups, to better help people feel more at home at Encounter, while diving deeper into how to be a follower of Jesus.
We are holding Family Dinners across the city where we can build spiritual community, and Resilient Disciples where we help build spiritual accountability.
Listen to Ps Mike unpack more about Family Dinners & Resilient Disciples from our AGM in February
Resilient Disciples is our vision to build a culture of multiplying, disciple-making disciples who last the test of time.
Every fortnight during the school term (alternating with Family Dinners), beginning in Term 2, we will be running a centralised Resilient Disciples program at Enfield for those wanting to grow deeper in their relationship with Jesus.
They will be held on Wednesdays, from 7:30-9:30 and we see them as a huge win.
- They take pressure off Life Group leaders to prepare content
- They help us offer deeper forms of discipleship without adding extra to your weekly schedule
- They give part of the internship experience to those without the time/capacity to do internship
- They create a pathway for continual adult Christian learning
- They provide smaller, stronger pastoral care groups, led by a trained Coach
Family Dinners are part of the new make-up of Life Groups.
Held fortnightly at 4-5 homes around Adelaide, Family Dinners are designed to build community in conscious imitation of the early church in the book of Acts.
They will be amazing spaces of shared meals, spiritual practices, Christian hospitality and an easy invitation for your friends; Family Dinners are open to anyone!